December 11, 2017
What We Learned from our Weekend
with our Kentucky Guests
Monday, December 11, 7 pm
Mt. Toby Friends Meeting House
194 Long Plain Rd (Rt. 63) Leverett
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The Bridging Committee of the Leverett Alliance hosted 11 folks from Letcher County KY the weekend of Oct 27-30, all participating in dialogues, meeting the public at a community forum, contra dancing and shape-note singing. The success of the weekend in bridging two very different communities was exhilarating. Come hear members of the Bridging Committee speak about their experience.
• What were the closed dialogues (6 hours altogether) like?
• What thoughts went into the overall weekend design?
• What did we learn about the Kentuckians and ourselves?
• What kinds of shifts and insights took place?
• How did we manage hot-button political issues?
• Where does this bridging endeavor go from here?
• Answers to your questions . . . and more
← Return to calendar